You’ve saved your money, gotten pre-approved for a mortgage, know what you can spend and now you are ready to go find “Your Dream Home.” Before you head out to start looking, there are a few questions that you need to ask yourself:
- Where do you want to live — in the city, suburbs, or country?
- Do you have a preferred area where you would like to live? Would you like to be in a specific section of the city, within walking distance to everything or in a specific neighborhood or school district? Have a riverfront or river view, lakefront or lake view, beachfront or beach view, or be on a canal, wooded property or have a mountain view? Would you like to be in a quiet area, on a private drive or lane, or not near anyone?
- Are you looking for any must-haves? Do you have a minimum property size, require off-street parking or do you require handicap access? What is your desired architecture style? Do you want fenced property? What is your ideal sized garage? Do you want a basement, boat dock, water access, barn, pool, hot tub, shed, mother/daughter accommodations, tennis or basketball court, theater room or a wine cellar? Would you like fireplaces, large closets, granite countertops, a specific type of heat, flooring, cabinets or appliances, first floor master suite, or a kid’s playroom?
- Are there any deal breakers you cannot live with that would make a home totally unacceptable to you?
- Next, is your dream home a single-family house, condominium, townhouse, a farm, or a gentlemen’s farm? Is it attached, detached, one-story, multiple stories, old or new?
- Are you willing to do work, or are you looking for a move-in-ready home?
- How many bedrooms?
- How many baths?
- Are any other rooms required, like a home office? Are you looking for any special-sized rooms?
- Do you have a realtor?
Give us a call at 757-903-0450… We would love to help you find your “Dream Home.”