ELLEN SMITH GAJDA
OWNER / PRINCIPAL BROKER
Ellen is the Owner and Principal/Managing Broker of Williamsburg Realty, a boutique, mid-sized company with a stellar reputation. Ellen has received impressive recognition and achieved great success in real estate since 2001 – after an extensive executive-level career in sales, management, and finance. Ellen’s network is far-reaching, having lived and worked all over the world.
Ellen and her company contribute to the community – She is the Chair of the James City County Economic Development Authority (EDA) and also the Vice Chair of the Williamsburg/Richmond Village Bank Board. Additionally, she is a member of the Jamestown Business Leadership Council.
Ellen is the past President of the Williamsburg Area Association of Realtors (2018-2019). She has also taught many agents in the past how to be successful as well as get their broker’s licenses through the Alpha College of Real Estate.
Prior to establishing her own company, Ellen was one of the top-producing agents in Williamsburg. Additionally, Ellen was the Principal/Managing Broker for a Sotheby’s International franchise, where she excelled in marketing and selling luxury homes.
Ellen moved to Williamsburg in 2007 from Old Town, Alexandria where she was a top-producer with McEnearney Associates, one of the Top 100 productive firms in the State of Virginia. She built her award-winning real estate reputation by focusing on exceptional customer service.
Ellen’s clients and agents appreciate her results-oriented style, competence, negotiation skills, integrity, strong work ethic, superb organizational skills, effective use of the most current technology, attention to detail, and high energy.
Trust Ellen and Williamsburg Realty to market your most important asset and/or to help you consider your options as you prepare to move to or within the Williamsburg area. Ellen’s goal is that you will be so thrilled with Williamsburg Realty that you will refer friends, family, and colleagues for years to come!
- National Association of Realtors
- Virginia Association of Realtors
- Williamsburg Area Association of Realtors
- Northern Virginia Association of Realtors
- Multiple Listing Services: Williamsburg, Hampton Roads, Richmond, and Northern Virginia
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND
- Awarded the first-ever Goodman Award for leadership, superior performance, and commitment to excellence during the period 2012-2022 out of over 600 partner agents with Neighborhoods/55Places.com
- Consistent sales volume throughout career as an agent ranking in top 2% nationally
- Licensed Realtor since 2001, Licensed Broker since 2010, Company Owner and Principal/Managing Broker since 2014
- Licensed Real Estate Instructor in the State of Virginia
- Former career with the Federal Government, culminating in senior leadership positions (comptroller, financial management)
- Former senior executive positions in private sector (sales and marketing)
- Graduate of Georgia Southern University
- Graduate of the Federal Executive Institute
- Graduate of the Army Management Staff College (as a civilian)
ELLEN’S FAVORITE CHARITIES
- Gives to charities through the King of Glory Lutheran Church
- Heritage Humane Society
- FISH-local food bank
GENERAL MANAGER, BROKER
CERTIFIED RESIDENTIAL BROKERAGE MANAGER (CRB)
Since becoming a real estate broker in 1999, it has been my honor to serve the Williamsburg Area Association of REALTORS®, Williamsburg Multiple Listing Service, Virginia Peninsula Association of REALTORS®, Hampton Roads Association of REALTORS®, Real Estate Information Network, and Virginia REALTORS® in multiple volunteer capacities from President to committee member.
During that time, I was principal broker of a Peninsula-based multi-office company; managed offices for national franchises; and served as a founding partner of a Williamsburg company.
Before joining Williamsburg Realty, my responsibility was to serve as Director of Business Development and Marketing for a real estate franchise in Williamsburg. Licensed in 1983 after 25+ years in the newspaper and publishing industry, I have also had a hand in building and remodeling while always staying involved with the true business of our profession: Helping people buy and sell real estate.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF OFFICE OPERATIONS
Rhonda is a Hampton Roads native, calling Williamsburg her home for the past 30+ years. Her experience includes Retail Management from Store Manager to Corporate Buying before entering Real Estate. She was the Administrative Assistant for the No. 1 independent family – owned residential real estate company in the United States, for 7+ years, where she serviced 60+ REALTORS® in the Williamsburg area. While she has many different roles in the office, her primary goal is to provide excellent service and support to the REALTORS®,affiliates, and clients. Rhonda enjoys spending time with her husband and family. Her greatest accomplishment is a mom to her children Ashley and Jack. In her down time, she supports her children in their academic and athletic endeavors.