ELLEN SMITH GAJDA
OWNER / PRINCIPAL BROKER
Ellen Smith Gajda is the Owner and Principal/Managing Broker of Williamsburg Realty. Ellen has received impressive recognition and achieved great success in real estate since 2001 – after an extensive executive-level career in sales, management, and finance. Ellen’s network is far-reaching, having lived and worked all over the world.
Prior to establishing her own company, focusing on “baby boomers” and beyond – Ellen was one of the top-producing sales agents at Long and Foster in Williamsburg. Additionally, Ellen was formerly the Principal Managing Broker with Sheeran Sotheby’s International Realty, where she excelled in marketing and selling luxury homes.
Ellen moved to Williamsburg in 2007 from Old Town, Alexandria, where she was a top-producing agent with McEnearney Associates, one of the top 100 productive firms nationwide and one of the top 10 productive offices in the state of Virginia. She built her award-winning real estate reputation by focusing on exceptional customer service.
Ellen’s clients appreciate her results-oriented style, competence, ability to stage a home, negotiation skills, discretion, integrity, strong work ethic, superb organizational skills, effective use of the most current technology, attention to detail, high energy, and loyalty.
Ellen is a graduate of Georgia Southern University. She and her husband, Tom and yellow Labrador retriever, Noah live in Kingsmill.
Trust Ellen and Williamsburg Realty to market your most important asset and/or to consider your options as you prepare to retire and move to Williamsburg. Ellen’s goal is that you will be so thrilled with her company’s services that you, like her previous clients, will refer friends, family and colleagues for years to come!
Ellen’s hobbies include spending time with her yellow lab, Noah; travel; attending concerts and going to the theater; boating and the beach; getting involved with the Williamsburg community through local politics; and dancing.
Ellen and her company’s favorite charities include:
- Heritage Humane Society
- FISH-local food bank
- Tisch MS Research Hospital, NYC
- World Vision, India—Ellen sponsors a young girl
- King of Glory Lutheran Church Ministry
- Principal and Managing Broker
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- Accredited Staging Professional (ASP)
- B.S. degree from Georgia Southern University
- Former instructor at Alpha College of Real Estate
- National Association of Realtors
- Virginia Association of Realtors
- Williamsburg Area Association of Realtors
- Northern Virginia Association of Realtors
- Williamsburg, Hampton Roads, Richmond, and Northern Virginia
- Multiple Listing Services
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND
- NVAR $10M+ Sales Club (sales volume ranks in top 2% nationally) while living in Northern VA
- NVAR Top Producer while living in Northern VA
- Licensed Realtor since 2001 and Licensed Broker since 2010
- Licensed Real Estate Instructor in the state of Virginia
- Former career with Federal Government, culminating in senior
- leadership positions (comptroller, financial management)
- Former senior executive positions in private sector (sales and marketing)
- 5 Star Realtor with Hampton Roads Magazine
GENERAL MANAGER, BROKER
CERTIFIED RESIDENTIAL BROKERAGE MANAGER (CRB)
Since becoming a real estate broker in 1999, it has been my honor to serve the Williamsburg Area Association of REALTORS®, Williamsburg Multiple Listing Service, Virginia Peninsula Association of REALTORS®, Hampton Roads Association of REALTORS®, Real Estate Information Network, and Virginia REALTORS® in multiple volunteer capacities from President to committee member.
During that time, I was principal broker of a Peninsula-based multi-office company; managed offices for national franchises; and served as a founding partner of a Williamsburg company.
Before joining Williamsburg Realty, my responsibility was to serve as Director of Business Development and Marketing for a real estate franchise in Williamsburg. Licensed in 1983 after 25+ years in the newspaper and publishing industry, I have also had a hand in building and remodeling while always staying involved with the true business of our profession: Helping people buy and sell real estate.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF OFFICE OPERATIONS
Rhonda is a Hampton Roads native, calling Williamsburg her home for the past 23 years. Her experience includes Retail Management from Store Manager to Corporate Buying before entering Real Estate. She was the Administrative Assistant for the No. 1 independent family – owned residential real estate company in the United States, for 7+ years, where she serviced 60+ REALTORS® in the Williamsburg area. While she has many different roles in the office, her primary goal is to provide excellent service and support to the REALTORS®,affiliates, and clients. Rhonda enjoys spending time with her husband and family. Her greatest accomplishment is a mom to her children Ashley and Jack. In her down time, she supports her children in their academic and athletic endeavors.